INJURY LABEL




    Sydney based label INJURY is what the more dark and androgynous man would attempt to wear. They also do womenswear which follows the same vampire-eske aesthetic. I reckon the wardrobe of the "Twilight" movies should adopt some of these pieces. Eugene Leung created the label 6 years ago and has already been overseas showcasing his designs with stockists in the USA and Asia.

    I must say I haven't heard of his label until quite recently. I must have been living under a rock, since his stuff has been in so many magazines. I love all his pieces. The prints on the tee and pants and the jackets are amazing! If you told me to choose a piece. I would have a lot of trouble!

    Read interview HERE:



    Name?
    Eugene Leung

    Name of fashion label and why it is called that?
    INJURY, when you are being cut and sewn you are in a situation of INJURY same as the fabrics.

    Age?
    It's 6 years old

    Where are you based?
    Sydney

    When and how did you decide design as your career?
    I begin my design carreer when I study archiecture, and during the same time I designed lots of graffiti stickers then turn it into print tees

    Were you always a fashionable person?
    Depends on the definition of fashionable, before I start to design clothes and start to wear my own designs I'm pretty much only just wear vintage.

    What was the process/ how did you start beginning your label?
    Injury begins when the vampire like headshot picture of a friend was turned into graffiti art in 2002 and we called it INJURY I decided to make it a fashion related label in order to turn things into a 3 dimensional art form.

    Then in 2005 we joined Melbourne fashion week. That’s where the label INJURY officially became a full collection with DVD short films as showing tools





    Tips for aspiring designers, like me?

    Just do whatever you feels right for being yourself.

    Did you have any education in fashion? if so, where? if not, how did you learn the technical aspects?
    I'm pretty much self taught, all the technical aspects are learn from dissembling lots of clothes

    How did your friends/family react to you turning to fashion design?
    Just try your best

    How do you approach your designs each season and what inspires you?
    Usually what inspires me is not anything from the fashion world – what usually inspires me are characters in movies, musicians, and strangers I meet. I usually approach my collection by observing news and what happens everyday around the world and by going outside to look at people.

    What are your aesthetics/inspirations?
    Modernism
    Whats the underlying message of this collection/ themes?
    God is coming Back, if he is not there before.


    Where do you source fabrics and what kind of fabrics do you use?
    I source fabrics from all around the world, from the best china silk, organic cotton to korean velvet, and european wool to japanese rayon etc.

    The fashion industry is so competitive, how do you keep you label sustainable?
    To always remember that we are not here to just make expensive clothes for expensive people.

    Are you working internationally with stocking,etc?
    Yes, USA and Asia.


    How is your label unique from others in Australia and abroad ?

    We don't belong to any genre, and I guess that helps to make it unique in lot of ways.

    Who is your target market? what/why do you think your products appeals to them?
    People who appreciate black is everything and white is the new black

    Favourite designer/s and why?
    It changes every season, but right now I’m very impressed by RAD Hourani ’s collection, its modern approach and minimal touch with a twist always, Rick Owen and Damir Doma


    I believe good models help a lot in selling the clothes. what kind of models' outlook do you choose for your label?

    Those with a body and face between vampire and human.

    What will the public expect to see next, coming from your label?
    Darker & lighter, brutal but peaceful pieces.

    What's your favourite piece from your label?
    It changes every season but right now I guess the drop crotch pant is the one I wear the most.

    What the most popular piece customers like?
    The drop crotch pant

    For people who don't know your label, how would you describe it in a sentence?
    The lights when you see through dark emotions


Blog Archive

Total Pageviews