MANDY HENG (DESIGNER) FROM MIKAYLA JA




    You would be very surprised at why I have some "women's" pictures on my blog.. (you would think...these arn't models. .. who are they... )yes this rarely happens and only happens when the clothes are really my style or unisex. But this time.. I am more about the designer herself. Mandy Heng is one of the designers of Mikayla Ja. (join the facebook here) Well.. I have been talking to her as of late and their label is showing at the new and fun event FASHION FORWARD FESTIVAL MAY 8-9th. She's full of fun and creative, crazy ideas... the very thing i love! She did a underwater photoshoot ( i don't actually know if I'm suppose to have said that.. haha) but its creative.. Not only does she design, but she is a campaigner. She did an Models Against AIDS campaign last weekend and my friend Talia (which you have seen photos of I took.. found through my blog) participated. It's great that Mandy is utilizing models that are normal and individual.. who are not necessarily models at all. I really can't wait to see the final photos of Talia in the campaign (the above picture is a picture of a couture dress for AIDS) and meeting Mandy on friday at the launch of Fashion Forward Festival. There will also be some interesting surprises she will be exposing during Fashion Forward Festival, so keep an eye out for her creative-ness.

    See her designs on her website here

    I am so tired.. and I have so much to blog about the RAFW .. even though I couldn't attend for obvious reasons. x

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews