MODEL INTERVIEW : BERTHOLD ROTHAS




    This is 22 year old model German model, Berthold Rothas ( Check out his own site/blog here). He was born in Romania but grew up in Germany where his home town Kirchheim unter Teck is. He spent a year in Vienna where he took acting classes, describing it as " One of the best decisions I've ever made." It was during his time in acting school that he was signed by BODY&SOUL ( his mother agency). Just last summer while on a road trip in the USA, he was signed up with an agency in New York, he did his first NYFW.

    He was walked in many shows including Damir Doma, Ann Demeulemeester, Givenchy, John Varvatos, Yohji Yamamoto, Y-3, Diesel Black Gold, Zero Maria Cornejo, Mik Cire, Junya Watanabe, Marithe and Francois Girbaud, Jean-Charles de Castelbajac just to name a few.

    When I first saw his look from Jak&Jil Blog's photos months and months ago, he stood out to me as unique. Some guys with long hair can look rather weird, and some can look rather too feminine, however I find that he has perfectly pulled off a masculine look. I like and really support the rising trend of androgyny, an alternative taking its way in fashion. I think its going to be really taking over soon ( if not already ).

    You might not see by the images here, but to me, he seems a little hippie-like haha (hope that's not offensive Berthold), because he is always wearing a bandanna headband. You would get what I mean if you searched him up on google and look at the images on various sites.

    It was just funny reading the responses to the interview I did with him. I mean it's not a " I am laughing out loud" but more of like a "this guy seems kinda quirky." To me, I quite like how it's just easy, fun and carefree. It's what my blog is about.

    He also kindly made a video in which you should definitely watch! It's only a few seconds, (it won't waste bandwidth to those restricted internet users like me). It sure defines his personality. He even spelt BOY MOMENTS - BOI MOMENTS haha - a little quirky ( or maybe he couldn't find a O or Y haha). When I watched the video with the music, angelic,etc it seemed like he was Jesus haha.

    READ INTERVIEW HERE:







    What is your full name?
    Berthold Rothas

    Age?
    22
    ( born *02.02.1988 )

    What's your background and where have you come from?
    My background is Beyonce and I came from the belly of my momma.

    Whose in your family?
    Mama, Papa, Baby-bro and me.

    Where do you live?
    Sometimes here, sometimes there. But most of the time in New York.

    What were you like in school?
    Fat and miserable.

    What did you want to be when you were at school?
    A superstar.

    What agency are you with?

    What the latest shows and work you've done ?
    I just finished shows in New York and I haven't stopped working since. For detailed information about what I'm up to check my Homepage - www.bertholdrothas.com





    image sources
    thefashionisto/fashionspot
    including photographers: sean patrick watters ;michael epps; steven chu

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews