GIDEON SHOES FLAGSHIP LAUNCH + KELLY CUTRONE



    On Tuesday night, was Gideon Shoes Flagship Store Launch. Their store, situated in a church, was turned into a cool, hip venue all with Gideon Shoes displayed (and a GIANT Gideon shoe) and also vibrant works by Daimon Downey. This was not all, THE Kelly Cutrone, was at the launch. That's right, you heard me! Kelly Cutrone of People's Revolution who appeared in MTV popular reality TV shows The Hills and The City, represents Gideon Shoes and is in Australia right now. I still can't believe I had a chance met her!!

    Gideon Shoes created by brothers Rupert and Matt Noffs are 100% Australian Made. There is none of this sweatshop labour business, it's the real deal and you get what you pay for. Also, all the proceeds goes to the Noffs Foundation Street University, which is the largest drop-in centre in Australia, giving anyone and everyone a chance to have an education. The shoes are also quite funky with a range of different colours and styles, with one particular, their cane toad signature, that has got everyone talking! There will be more exciting things to come including some amazing collaborations coming up.

    I love their concept and when you wear their shoes, you be grateful to know that people who made your shoe are not paid poorly and living harshly. Their dedication to helping people in our society, especially that of our young generation is what makes so many people love them. Kelly Cutrone is no doubt a supporter, which is why she is representing them as their PR and has come to Australia for the first time, to launch Gideon Shoes and then, in the U.S. She also spoke at the Street University last night, which I was unfortunately unable to go.

    Kelly, who people might think is bitchy, to me is someone that I hold in high respects. I may not have had experience working with her or knowing her personally, but her honest attitude to life and being straight forward towards people is what makes me admire her. She won't send you round circles and is direct to the point. The truth may hurt but it will only make you more successful. I really would love to work with Kelly one day, because I know, it will really challenge me and gain the best experience. Seeing her in person, with an opportunity to chat and hug her was unreal! She was really down to earth and realistic! I embarrassingly, but must admit that, she had been in a dream of mine and this I would say, is a dream come true! It truly was a Wake Up and Get Real.

    One regret I had was I that I didn't have her book " If You Have to Cry, Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You" to get signed. Annoying how all the bookshops I looked in Sydney did not have her book.

    Ava was also very pretty in pink on the night !

    Thanks for the great time!







































    MAKING OF THE GIANT SHOE







    Visit Gideon Shoes !!

Total Pageviews