FRENCH CONNECTION | AUTUMN WINTER 2012 PREVIEW



    I have to say, going to the French Connection Winter 2012 showing, definitely more than exceeded my expectations. I even said the word "amazing" at least 3 times, and I don't think it's often I would say it so consecutively. I was just surprised at the range. I must admit I have not been in a French Connection store or bought anything from them in awhile, but this showing has made my views change a little. The winter jackets and outerwear pieces really caught my eye, and with the price points were quite reasonable for them.

    I discovered, only a selection of the range from French Connection in UK are delivered to Australia, while other pieces, such as the menswear, are mostly developed here to suit our market. This is probably one of the reasons why I particularly liked the women's jackets because they are developed in the UK. I wouldn't say the pieces developed here are boring, but again, it is very commercial, which is fine for the target market.

    I love the Mad Men-esque look with the fur collar jacket and hat, plus the other fur jackets I took pics of and wearing below. I also liked the red on red with the Equestrian hat. Another piece I liked was the large hole knit with a chiffon skirt, as a one piece dress. There were also lots of peter pan collars. Many unexpected pieces I didn't think I would see at French Connection. I showed a range of people these photos before I uploaded this post and no one could've guessed they were all French Connection.

    The girls from French Connection were extremely fun and even gave us lollies boxes and sparkling water with paper straws to leave with. I had a great time playing dress ups! The womenswear are always more fun to play with, especially in Australia! I kind of can't wait till it's winter again!














Blog Archive

Total Pageviews